Le Creusets Crepe Pan
Le Creuset and the rest of the world refer to it as a “Crepe Pan”, but for me it is a TAVA from HEAVEN!!! Yes it is – I have used a number of different types of pans as Tavas, I have even used the traditional heavy Tavas – but none work as well as this “Genius Crepe Pan” from Le Creuset. Over the festive season – I have tried and re-tried a number of traditional Indian breads and pancakes using this pan and “oh my word”—each time I tried something new – using the Le Creuset Crepe Pan (My Wonder Tava), the pan just never seized to amaze me.
I have made the following:-
- roti – and nothing stuck-no need for ghee or oil (click here for the recipe)
- thepla (Indian spiced roti) – same they just slide of the pan like a slice of butter on a hot pan (and yes without the addition of any fat) (click here for recipe)
- pancakes – 30 pancakes churned out without a drop of oil or butter (use your own tried and tested recipe) (my eggless version to be posted soon)
- savory crumpets-Indian style (click here for the recipe)
- poodla (Indian spiced pancakes) – just pour the batter – swirl the pan and voila they come out perfect and slide of with ease and without any oil or butter (recipe to follow soon)
- dhall pori –the healthy option-you will be pleasantly surprised at how wonderful they turn out and they will be moist, soft and delectable and will not be dripping with ghee (recipe for this to follow ASAP)
Mothers when preparing your daughters trousseau or for when your daughter or son moves out– add the “Le Creuset Crepe Pan” as a “must have” – I am of the opinion that no kitchen can be complete without a “Le Creuset Crepe Pan” or as I refer to it as “My Tava From Heaven”.