We are a totally vegetarian family, and I enjoy experimenting and creating recipes. In doing so I also ensure that these recipes are healthy, nutritious and look good. This Potato & Peanut salad is one of my creations
Peanut & Potato Salad (Serves 4)
5 medium sized potatoes (peeled and chopped)
20ml cooking oil
5ml cumin seeds
10ml sesame seeds
30ml chopped coriander
2 green/red chillis chopped
½ cup water
100ml nibbed peanuts
15ml lemon juice
45ml chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a large pot and add the cumin seeds, chilli and sesame seeds and allow to splutter, now add the 30ml chopped coriander.
- Add the potatoes, salt, water and allow to cook till potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are soft add the peanuts and lemon juice and switch the stove off.
- Garnish with 45ml chopped coriander and serve with a cucumber raita.
250ml plain fat-free yoghurt
45ml grated cucumber
5ml freshly ground pepper
3ml mustard powder
- Mix all of the ingredients together and serve over the potatoes.